This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: Fix ICE in dwarf2out.c
- To: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at one-point dot com>
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Fix ICE in dwarf2out.c
- From: Daniel Berlin <dan at cgsoftware dot com>
- Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 14:20:13 -0400
- Cc: Daniel Berlin <dan at cgsoftware dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
Jeff Sturm <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Daniel Berlin wrote:
>> -g1 is equivalent in GDB to the minimal symbols, which it can get
>> without any debug info enabled.
>> Wait, that's not quite true. It's minimal symbols with line
>> numbers. That's all.
> That's the rub. As AG said, gcj uses line numbers for backtraces. We
> could change the default to -g2, but then executables would be larger
> than necessary.
> There are now three separate PR's for this. I think it should be
> fixed for 3.0.1 because it is a regression from 2.95 and ought to be a
> low-risk patch.
Yeah, i agree, i was just pointing it out.
I should probably note that in the manual somewhere.
"I wrote a song, but I can't read music so I don't know what it
is. Every once in a while I'll be listening to the radio and I
say, "I think I might have written that."