This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: Fix ICE in dwarf2out.c
- To: Daniel Berlin <dan at cgsoftware dot com>
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Fix ICE in dwarf2out.c
- From: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at one-point dot com>
- Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 15:35:34 -0400 (EDT)
- cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> -g1 is equivalent in GDB to the minimal symbols, which it can get
> without any debug info enabled.
> Wait, that's not quite true. It's minimal symbols with line
> numbers. That's all.
That's the rub. As AG said, gcj uses line numbers for backtraces. We
could change the default to -g2, but then executables would be larger
There are now three separate PR's for this. I think it should be
fixed for 3.0.1 because it is a regression from 2.95 and ought to be a