This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ PATCH: Fix PR2733
- To: Jason Merrill <jason_merrill at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: C++ PATCH: Fix PR2733
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:59:25 -0700
- cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
--On Wednesday, July 11, 2001 07:42:42 PM +0100 Jason Merrill
>>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Mitchell <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> The C++ front-end now wants to have TREE_ADDRESSABLE set correctly
>> before any RTL generation. (This is the only approach that will work
>> if we are going to do optimizations at the tree level.) It then just
>> puts the variable on the stack directly when creating RTL, saving the
>> expense of the later put_var_into_stack call, as well as being much
>> simpler: first, you generate trees, then you generate RTL.
> I'm all about separating the tree and RTL phases, and no objection to this
> patch, but I think eventually we will want to delay setting
> TREE_ADDRESSABLE until after optimization (especially inlining).
Yes! I completely agree.
We should, however, get it set by the time we go to generate RTL.
Mark Mitchell email@example.com
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com