This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fix, was: Re: [Fwd: CVS trunk bootstrap failure on alphaev6-unknown-linux-gnu]
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: Fix, was: Re: [Fwd: CVS trunk bootstrap failure on alphaev6-unknown-linux-gnu]
- From: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>
- Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 17:11:02 +0200
- CC: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at redhat dot com>, gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: Moene Computational Physics, Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
- References: <200107062132.f66LW5Y07240@phal.cambridge.redhat.com> <3B47062A.5D627786@moene.indiv.nluug.nl> <email@example.com> <3B4882B2.6833AB29@moene.indiv.nluug.nl> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Jul 8, 2001, Toon Moene <email@example.com> wrote:
> > OK to install ?
> I think it would still be a good idea to pass the mode as an argument,
> just in case the two other arguments are CONST_INTs (remember that
> CONST_INTs don't have a mode). In fact, your proposed patch would
> probably crash or just fail to do right thing should the first
> argument be a CONST_INT.
> However, since all uses of these instructions take a register as an
> argument (and only now, after having written the paragraph above, do I
> see it can only make sense to call have_add2_insn having a REG in the
> first argument, I think it may indeed be ok. Then perhaps it would be
> enough to check that GET_MODE (x) != VOIDmode, and abort () otherwise.
Good idea - perhaps someone can ACK it with that change assumed (I just
noticed that the MAINTAINERS file lists no-one as the maintainer of
reload - perhaps adding to Mark Mitchell's observation that reload is
not Free Software, because it cannot be modified ;-)
Toon Moene - mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org - phoneto: +31 346 214290
Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
Maintainer, GNU Fortran 77: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html
Join GNU Fortran 95: http://g95.sourceforge.net/ (under construction)