This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: No more multiline string constants
- To: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Subject: Re: No more multiline string constants
- From: "Zack Weinberg" <zackw at Stanford dot EDU>
- Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 14:34:06 -0700
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 10:03:35PM +0100, Neil Booth wrote:
> Zack Weinberg wrote:-
> > Since this eliminates a documented feature, I'm asking for an opinion
> > as to whether it should go in 3.1 or whether the patch should be held
> > for 3.2. Note that the CPP manual for 3.0 said "this will be removed
> > in 3.1" in no uncertain terms.
> FWIW I think we should leave it to 3.2; or 1 year after 3.0.
Given the inadequate amount of documentation that this really is going
away and no foolin', I think you're probably right.
Would you mind adjusting all the docs to match? And the warning
message itself should say it's going away in 3.2.