This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
error+fancy_abort -> internal_error in varray.c
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: error+fancy_abort -> internal_error in varray.c
- From: "Zack Weinberg" <zackw at stanford dot edu>
- Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 13:00:35 -0700
varray_check_failed needs to use internal_error so it gives the
"please submit bug report" message, not the "confused by earlier
I'd be applying this as obvious but I can't bootstrap right now. My
connectivity is spotty right now - I'd appreciate it if someone could
apply this for me once the tree gets fixed again.
zw I was putting away groceries in our kitchen when I got to the
cabbages and thought "this needs to be tossed into air, preferably
without looking up first."
-- James Nicoll
* varray.c (varray_check_failed): Use internal_error.
--- varray.c 2000/11/07 22:49:54 1.9
+++ varray.c 2001/07/05 19:58:40
@@ -84,9 +84,9 @@ varray_check_failed (va, n, file, line,
const char *function;
- error("Virtual array %s[%lu]: element %lu out of bounds",
- va->name, (unsigned long) va->num_elements, (unsigned long) n);
- fancy_abort (file, line, function);
+ internal_error ("Virtual array %s[%lu]: element %lu out of bounds in %s, at %s:%d",
+ va->name, (unsigned long) va->num_elements, (unsigned long) n,
+ function, trim_filename (file), line);