This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: More cpp.texi updates
- To: zackw at Stanford dot EDU
- Subject: Re: More cpp.texi updates
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 18:12:41 -0400
- CC: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20010702150458.F12723@stanford.edu>
> Only if you build the binary release from CVS, not an official source
> release. It seems to me that building binary releases straight from
> CVS is a bad idea for other reasons, such as the possibility that you
> got something other than the official release.
On DJGPP we do this all the time. They're called test releases.
Since rebuilding gcc under djgpp is so difficult anyway, this is
pretty much the only way to get people to test them, and the only way
to know if a gcc release is going to work out of the box or not before
it's too late to fix anything.