This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: SUN make and gcc 3.0
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: SUN make and gcc 3.0
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 11:06:02 +0200 (CEST)
- cc: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On 28 May 2001, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>> * configure.in (use of GLIBCPP_CHECK_GNU_MAKE): Don't fail if GNU
>> make isn't found.
> Ok with me, but I fear this will let people get to `make
> all-target-libstdc++-v3' time with a `make' program that doesn't stand
> a chance of building libstdc++-v3. Instead of removing the test, I'd
> rather add another case that tests for Solaris' make and accepts it.
> I suppose testing whether $build matches *-solaris* would be good
Hmm, and how about the BSDs and possibly other POSIX-compliant makes?
Gerald "Jerry" firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/