This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: Table-ize builtins
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Table-ize builtins
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: 27 May 2001 17:25:08 +0200
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <20010526060757V.mitchell@# domain of your mail address> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20010526142631.B9211@redhat.com>
Richard Henderson <email@example.com> writes:
| On Sat, May 26, 2001 at 02:22:53PM +0100, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
| > The builtin __builtin_fsqrt corresponds to sqrt, not fsqrt
| > (as documented in extend.texi - I don't know why it is called
| > __builtin_fsqrt, though).
| We should probably change it, as it's confusing.
Is a patch to that effect will be accepted for GCC-3.0?
Changing it in GCC-3.1 will be an ABI breakage.
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com