This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: A bug with exceptions and threads in mainline compiler
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: Re: A bug with exceptions and threads in mainline compiler
- From: Loren James Rittle <rittle at latour dot rsch dot comm dot mot dot com>
- Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 16:40:48 -0500 (CDT)
- Cc: iggy at homepage dot ru
- Organization: Networks and Infrastructure Lab (IL02/2240), Motorola Labs
In article <3B0EA8DE.45312C58@homepage.ru> you write:
> The following program generates a segfault after running couple tens of
> seconds on linux with glibc 2.2.2 or 2.1.2 with linux threads and
I ran the program you posted after compiling it with:
g++ -pthread (mainline with patch posted to libstdc++-v3 mailing list
on Thursday morning, see http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2001-05/msg00289.html)
Yes, EH was clearly broken in the multi-threading case before that patch.
A more complete version of the patch will be posted to libstdc++-v3
and gcc-patches today, if possible.