This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: other/2857: i18n, translations does not work
- To: Zack Weinberg <zackw at Stanford dot EDU>
- Subject: Re: other/2857: i18n, translations does not work
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 09:28:38 +0100 (BST)
- cc: Dennis Bjorklund <db at zigo dot dhs dot org>, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, Philipp Thomas <pthomas at suse dot de>, <Gabriel dot Dos-Reis at cmla dot ens-cachan dot fr>, <gcc-gnats at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Thu, 24 May 2001, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> We ought to be regularly uploading revised .pot files, and checking
> for completed translations. Did anyone know that there are complete
> Danish and Japanese translations (for a gcc.pot from 2000-06-07, but
> still...) sitting there?
... and the Swedish translation should be going via the GNU translation
project (see http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/HTML/maintainers.html
for how maintainers should interact with translators).
Perhaps the .pot file in CVS could be updated before Mark generates the
first prerelease (or, if it is removed from CVS, it could be generated in
the release script), so that there is a suitable distribution, containing
an up to date .pot file, for the translators to use?
Joseph S. Myers