This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: small patch for install.texi
- To: jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk
- Subject: Re: small patch for install.texi
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>
- Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 17:27:48 -0400
- CC: pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <Pine.SOL.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I suggest reviewing and installing Theodore Papadopoulo's patch first
> (subject to my last comments
> <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2001-05/msg01684.html> about
> indexes), then working relative to that.
> When you're in docdir, -Idoc is irrelevant.
> But be consistent about whether you cd to srcdir or docdir to generate
You can't be in docdir. You must be in srcdir, else the $(MAKEINFO)
expansion might not work (it might be relative to the build directory
in some trees).
> > + $(docdir)/c-tree.info: $(docdir)/c-tree.texi
> > + cd $(srcdir) && $(MAKEINFO) $(MAKEINFOFLAGS) -Idoc -o doc/c-tree.info \
> > + doc/c-tree.texi
> This should shortly be going away.
Until they do, they should still be changed.
> > ! -$(TEXI2POD) < $(docdir)/gcov.texi > gcov.pod
> While you're making these changes, I suggest moving texi2pod to the gcc
> directory from contrib, and avoid the problem of the makefile referencing
I could move it into the doc subdirectory...