This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: patch for arm section of invoke.texi
- To: Philip Blundell <philb at gnu dot org>
- Subject: Re: patch for arm section of invoke.texi
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 16:40:36 +0100
- cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-To: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
> @item -mstructure-size-boundary=<n>
> @kindex -mstructure-size-boundary
> @@ -5429,14 +5419,15 @@ can produce faster, more efficient code,
> of the program. The two values are potentially incompatible. Code
> compiled with one value cannot necessarily expect to work with code or
> libraries compiled with the other value, if they exchange information
> -using structures or unions. Programmers are encouraged to use the 32
> -value as future versions of the toolchain may default to this value.
> +using structures or unions. Programmers are encouraged to use the value
> +32 as future versions of the toolchain may default to this value.
This statement is now probably inaccurate, and should be removed. ARM's
own ADS has adopted 8 as the default because 32 causes too many problems
with code that hasn't been written to the ANSI standards....
The rest is fine.