This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Preprocessor problem on Cygwin
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: Preprocessor problem on Cygwin
- From: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- Date: 22 May 2001 12:15:58 +0200
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Alexandre Oliva <email@example.com> writes:
> Every now and then, I try my (bad) luck on Cygwin. This time, I fell
> prey of an apparent bug in the version of the Cygwin dll I had
> installed: it sets errno even when lstat() succeeds, which breaks
> cpp's pathname simplification code.
> Even though I believe this is actually a bug in Cygwin, I thought I'd
> work around the problem, that might well be present in other OSs, with
> this simple patch in GCC. Ok for mainline? Ok for branch?
It's not a bug in Cygwin. Errno is in general only defined when an
error occurs, the library might change it if no error occurs. The
patch is therefore from a library perspective,
SuSE Labs firstname.lastname@example.org