This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ PATCH] Optimize__static_initialization_and_destruction_*
- To: jakub at redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: [C++ PATCH] Optimize__static_initialization_and_destruction_*
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 12:26:50 -0700
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <20010514181618.N503@sunsite.ms.mff.cuni.cz>
It's true that the code stinks, but it doesn't matter much -- nobody's
inner loop is static initialization.
Still, what you're doing shows the power of working with trees; we can
easily do the optimization you want.
However, creating new global variables is bad. Gradually, we should
be working to eliminate them. Please make a little struct, and pass
Once you do that, I'll review the patch again.
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com