This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] expr.c:emit_push_insn
- To: dje at watson dot ibm dot com, mark at codesourcery dot com, rth at redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] expr.c:emit_push_insn
- From: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 16:15:29 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
> From: Mark Mitchell <email@example.com>
> Kaveh, this is the kind of project you've excelled at in the past.
> Would you be interested in tackling this? It's the kind of thing that
> could make the code considerably clearer over time.
It seems like there's agreement on only defining a bit_alignment.
That's fine, but I see two issues.
1. What heuristic should I use to find where bit_alignment should be
*used*? (Preferably a grep expr.) I tried '(unsigned|int).*align'
as a first guess and got hundreds of hits, many (most?) of which
2. As you can guess from my regex, there isn't a consensus in the
code as to whether the type is unsigned or int.
Kaveh R. Ghazi Engagement Manager / Project Services
firstname.lastname@example.org Qwest Internet Solutions