This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: V3 PATCH: Update Solaris defines
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: Re: V3 PATCH: Update Solaris defines
- From: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 11:28:30 -0400
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20010507200625N.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 08:06:25PM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> The reason is that V3 was defining _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE, but not
> _LARGEFILE_SOURCE. This makes include <stdio.h> not work on Solaris
> 2.8 because off64_t does not get defined, but:
Good catch. I should have seen that.
> Because Solaris 2.7 and 2.8 share a configuration
> file, I've changed Solaris 2.7 as well. Hopefully that won't hurt
> It may be that this patch is needed on Solaris 2. as well, but I
> don't have access to any such systems.
Neither do I, but large file support was added in 2.6, so this should
probably go in the 2.6 dir as well.
pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com | pme at sources dot redhat dot com
devphil at several other less interesting addresses in various dot domains
The gods do not protect fools. Fools are protected by more capable fools.