This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Flush more dead i386 targets
- To: Zack Weinberg <zackw at stanford dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Flush more dead i386 targets
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 09:02:13 +0100 (BST)
- cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Tue, 8 May 2001, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> This patch eliminates the following targets from gcc:
Could you start some GCC 3.1 release notes, gcc-3.1/caveats.html, with a
list of the targets removed in 3.1 (that is, those so far removed on the
mainline but not on the 3.0 branch)? With, of course, a note that they
probably already didn't work in 3.0.
Could you remove i386-linux-oldld as well? (That should have a check in
config.gcc for *-linux-*oldld to avoid it then getting caught by the
general GNU/Linux stanzas.)
I'd suggest also listing all removed targets that were once supported
alongside those never updated for GCC 2 in install/specific.html#older.
Joseph S. Myers