This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: Place manuals under the GDFL
- To: zackw at Stanford dot EDU
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Place manuals under the GDFL
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 01:16:09 -0700
- Cc: jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <20010430174902.H6612@stanford.edu><20010430200625I.firstname.lastname@example.org><20010501010921.C25867@stanford.edu>
>>>>> "Zack" == Zack Weinberg <zackw@Stanford.EDU> writes:
Zack> Would the block of text at the top of gcc.texi - "Permission
Zack> is granted, &c..." - do for the manpage, with a pointer to
Zack> the Info docs for the complete text of the license?
Zack> Can we drop the GNU/Linux appendix from the manual?
Zack> Everyone's heard it at this point, and the GCC manual is the
Zack> wrong place for it in my opinion.
I don't think we can answer these questions. Only the FSF can.
Unless you specifically get permission to do otherwise, we should be
conservative and include everything. People can always not read it.
Mark Mitchell email@example.com
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com