This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch to add __builtin_printf("string\n") -> puts("string")
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Patch to add __builtin_printf("string\n") -> puts("string")
- From: Todd Vierling <tv at pobox dot com>
- Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 12:32:13 -0400 (EDT)
- cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
: I suppose you could argue that the second string would waste space
It can--meaning that, regardless of this debate, this optimization must have
an option to turn it off (or on, if it defaults to off). Additionally, a
-Os compile must check to see whether the unchopped string is used in the
same compilation unit, and not do the transform if so.
-- Todd Vierling (email@example.com)