This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFA:] Remove extraneous spacing from directives in config/elfos.h
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- Subject: Re: [RFA:] Remove extraneous spacing from directives in config/elfos.h
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 14:30:55 -0600
- cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <200009181810.UAA19256@ignucius.axis.se>you write:
> > Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 09:51:57 -0600
> > From: Jeffrey A Law <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > I'd like to see us decide on a consistent format for this stuff. ie,
> > who should include the tab? The ASM_OP definition or the users of the
> > ASM_OP.
> > My gut is telling me the former -- the users should just be outputting
> > the ASM_OPs as-is with no extra fluff.
> FWIW, I (reluctantly) have to agree. Am I dragged into a (ugh)
> monster patch here?
Sounds like it. Consider it pre-approved though :-)
I'd suggest two steps. First make sure there's a tab in all the ASM_OP
thingies. That should allow you to check in a batch of changes without
breaking the tree.
Then check in changes to fix the callers.
> * *.texi, **/*.[hc] (*_ASM_OP): Include any spacing from start of
> line. All callers changed. Update documentation.
:-) I know others don't like that format. But for this kind of change it
probably makes the most sense.