This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Format checking patch: remove another ad hoc conditional
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Subject: Re: Format checking patch: remove another ad hoc conditional
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 09:53:31 -0600
- cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org
> This patch removes an ad hoc conditional from format checking: details
> of which formats write into their arguments is now determined by a 'W'
> flag rather than by checking explicitly for scanf or for printf %n.
> Bootstrapped with no regressions on i686-pc-linux-gnu. OK to commit?
> 2000-09-16 Joseph S. Myers <email@example.com>
> * c-common.c (format_char_info): Add 'W' flag to comment.
> (print_char_table, scan_char_table): Use it.
> (check_format_info): Use the 'W' flag to determine whether a
> format argument is written into.
Approved. Please install.