This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFA:] Make collect2 pass on -B-options to called gcc
- To: aoliva at redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: [RFA:] Make collect2 pass on -B-options to called gcc
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 03:57:24 +0200
- CC: hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
> From: Alexandre Oliva <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Date: 16 Sep 2000 11:42:05 -0300
> On Sep 16, 2000, Hans-Peter Nilsson <email@example.com> wrote:
> > Collect2 must pass on -B switches when calling gcc, or gcc will pick up a
> > different assembler or whatnot at the installation directory or other
> > default-searched location. Note that -B-options can be specified as
> > "-Bdir/" or "-B dir/".
> Doesn't it do something equivalent by setting environment variables?
As the ChangeLog entry indicated, this is the place where the
environment variable (COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS) is used; the -B
options are filtered out currently. You won't see a sub-gcc
called for most (ELF) targets, though.