This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bogus libcalls with multiple REG_RETVAL notes
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: Bogus libcalls with multiple REG_RETVAL notes
- From: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at redhat dot co dot uk>
- Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 19:40:22 +0100 (BST)
- cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
On Sat, 16 Sep 2000, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 02:11:16PM +0100, Bernd Schmidt wrote:
> > AFAICT the code in emit_library_call_value_1 to create the reg note with
> > the equal form is totally bogus and should be deleted. That gives us
> > rtl that looks similar to what earlier compilers emitted.
> This is wrong. Now we will not get libcall notes for
> __attribute__((const)) functions, which means that they
> will not be CSEd.
Don't these go through expand_call rather than expand_library_call_value?
The code to generate the "equal form" notes is still present in expand_call.