This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Making --without-included-gettext the default
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at wolery dot cumb dot org>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org,Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>,"Jeffrey A . Law" <law at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: Making --without-included-gettext the default
- From: Philipp Thomas <pthomas at suse dot de>
- Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 04:13:14 +0200
- References: <20000906160226.D31801@wolery.cumb.org> <20000911172117.F23681@Jeffreys.suse.de> <20000911113229.D13727@wolery.cumb.org> <20000911215255.G23681@Jeffreys.suse.de> <20000911143530.G13727@wolery.cumb.org> <20000912005259.H23681@Jeffreys.suse.de>
* Philipp Thomas (email@example.com) [20000912 00:53]:
> > We turned --with-included-gettext on by default to flush out these
> > bugs, but now most (all, hopefully) have been found and fixed.
> > There's been two changes in the past three months. I think we could
> > probably get away with turning it back off again.
> That's exactly my sentiment, so thanks for the second opinion. As I'm the
> maintainer for the i18n stuff, I'll check in a patch that does exactly that.
> I'll also keep a note to turn it on again when we update our libintl (which
> I've slated to happen sometime after the next gettext release).
I've just commited the following after bootstrapping on i686-suse-linux :
2000-09-12 Philipp Thomas <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* aclocal.m4 (AM_WITH_NLS): Don't force use of included gettext.
* configure: Rebuilt.
RCS file: /cvs/gcc/egcs/gcc/aclocal.m4,v
retrieving revision 1.33
retrieving revision 1.34
diff -u -r1.33 -r1.34
--- aclocal.m4 2000/07/12 04:06:13 1.33
+++ aclocal.m4 2000/09/12 02:07:00 1.34
@@ -313,7 +313,7 @@
[ --with-included-gettext use the GNU gettext library included here],
Philipp Thomas <email@example.com>
Development, SuSE GmbH, Schanzaecker Str. 10, D-90443 Nuremberg, Germany
#define NINODE 50 /* number of in core inodes */
#define NPROC 30 /* max number of processes */
-- Version 7 UNIX for PDP 11, /usr/include/sys/param.h