This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: movstrictqi/movstricthi fix for h8300
- To: Matthew Hiller <hiller at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: movstrictqi/movstricthi fix for h8300
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 15:54:56 -0600
- cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>you wri
> The constraint modifiers for the destinations registers of these
> patterns were specified as write-only. This could cause the compiler to
> generate a reload that clobbered data. Setting these constraint modifiers
> to read-write fixes the problem; moreover, the comment in reload.c
> (push_reload) line 1045 indicates that this is the right thing to do.
> 2000-09-11 Matthew Hiller <email@example.com>
> * config/h8300/h8300.md (movstrictqi): Changed constraint modifier
> on operand 0 to '+'.
> (movstricthi): Likewise.
Approved and installed.
For extra credit -- submit a testcase for the bug which led you to this
It also seems to me that this might be something we could have one of the
gen* programs check for since I believe every STRICT_LOW_PART is a
read/write operand. genoutput or genrecog would likely be the best