This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: next arm gcc problem
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: next arm gcc problem
- From: Philip Blundell <philb at gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 20:23:36 +0100
- cc: drepper at cygnus dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200009101913.MAA01427@elmo.cygnus.com>
>: 2000-09-10 Philip Blundell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>: * config/arm/arm.h (CPP_ISA_SPEC): Don't define `arm' or `thumb'.
>: * config/arm/linux-elf.h (CPP_PREDEFINES): Don't define `__arm__'.
>I think that last line in the ChangeLog should be:
> "Don't define '__arm__' in thumb mode"
No, linux-elf.h should never be defining "__arm__". The contents of
CPP_ISA_SPEC still apply so the appropriate macros get defined there.
Actually, Thumb mode is never used under Linux anyway. :-)
>Other than that, I approve of this patch.
I don't think I have write access to the gcc repository. Could you check it
in for me, or add me to the group and I'll do it myself.