This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch to improve find_base_term ADDRESSOF handling
- To: John Wehle <john at feith dot com>
- Subject: Re: Patch to improve find_base_term ADDRESSOF handling
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 11:43:28 -0700
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200009081835.OAA05689@jwlab.FEITH.COM>
On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 02:35:59PM -0400, John Wehle wrote:
> GCC currently has problems realizing that:
> (mem/f:SI (reg:SI 16 argp) 6)
> (mem/f:SI (addressof:SI (reg/v:SI 45) 42 0x18470480) 6)
> don't alias because it doesn't know that the base term for the
> address of a register is the stack pointer.
Actually, don't you want to say that the base term for the addressof
is itself? Since it's not even certain at this point that the register
will be forced to memory, nothing should be able to alias it except
direct references, no?