This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] bugfix in gcc/.gdbinit
- To: law at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: [patch] bugfix in gcc/.gdbinit
- From: Denis Chertykov <denisc at overta dot ru>
- Date: 07 Sep 2000 23:04:56 +0400
- Cc: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>, Denis Chertykov <denisc at overta dot ru>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <3385.968289223@upchuck>
Jeffrey A Law <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> In message <email@example.com>you write:
> > On Sep 2, 2000, Denis Chertykov <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > > * .gdbinit: Change all occurrances of $ to $arg0.
> > Is the purpose of this patch to allow for, say:
> > pr foo
> > instead of the sequence
> > p foo
> > pr
> > ?
> > I'm not sure it's a good idea to change the meaning of the existing
> > commands. The way to go is to define other commands that behave as
> > you want.
Oops. I was stupid. :-(
I can understand it now.
p foo <is `foo' have a normal value>
pr <if `foo' is a normal value>
IMHO: `prl' command is ugly.