This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: cr logical insn implementation for rs6000
- To: Geoff Keating <geoffk at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: cr logical insn implementation for rs6000
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 17:22:15 -0400
- cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
>>>>> Geoff Keating writes:
>> What is the new DFA-based pipeline scheduler?
Geoff> It's a more accurate way of describing instruction timings. It can
Geoff> cope with things like function unit dependencies, limits on
Geoff> instruction dispatch and/or completion, and so on. Of course, it
Geoff> needs much more detailed information than the current scheduling model
Geoff> to be done right.
Is this going to augment the Haifa scheduler or replace it? The
Haifa scheduler originally had provisions for much more detailed
information but we were told that no additional scheduling information
could be required. Issue rate itself was a hurdle.