This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Parallel build on SMP is even more broken.
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: Parallel build on SMP is even more broken.
- From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 14:07:20 -0700
- Cc: Mike Stump <mrs at windriver dot com>, gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org,gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, donn at interix dot com, lauras at softhome dot net,gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200009061728.KAA20727@kankakee.wrs.com> <20000906105837.A20970@lucon.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 03:08:00PM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Sep 6, 2000, "H . J . Lu" <email@example.com> wrote:
> > * Makefile.in (stage_b): Depend on stage_a.
> > (stage_c): Depend on stage_b.
> > (stage_d): Depend on stage_c.
> > (stage_e): Depend on stage_d.
> > (stage_f): Depend on stage_e.
A version of it is checked in.
> > (bootstrap-lean_c): Remove clean_s1.
> > (bootstrap-lean_f): Remove clean_s2.
> > (bootstrap2-lean_e): Likewise.
> But I'd prefer to have clean_s depend on the corresponding stage_?.
Here is the new patch.
2000-09-06 H.J. Lu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Makefile.in (clean_s1): Depend on stage_b.
(clean_s2): Depend on stage_d. Don't remove $(VOL_FILES) in
stage2. They are used for "make compare".
--- gcc/Makefile.in.parallel Wed Sep 6 13:40:27 2000
+++ gcc/Makefile.in Wed Sep 6 13:41:13 2000
@@ -2805,13 +2805,12 @@ stage_f: stage_e
# Additional steps for *-lean targets:
-cd stage1; rm -f $(VOL_FILES)
-rm -rf stage1
- -cd stage2; rm -f $(VOL_FILES)
# This next little bit is the way it is for parallel builds. It's simply