This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Parallel build on SMP is even more broken.
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: Parallel build on SMP is even more broken.
- From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 11:44:10 -0700
- Cc: Mike Stump <mrs at windriver dot com>, gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org,gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, donn at interix dot com, lauras at softhome dot net,gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200009061728.KAA20727@kankakee.wrs.com> <20000906105837.A20970@lucon.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 03:08:00PM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Sep 6, 2000, "H . J . Lu" <email@example.com> wrote:
> > * Makefile.in (stage_b): Depend on stage_a.
> > (stage_c): Depend on stage_b.
> > (stage_d): Depend on stage_c.
> > (stage_e): Depend on stage_d.
> > (stage_f): Depend on stage_e.
> > (bootstrap-lean_c): Remove clean_s1.
> > (bootstrap-lean_f): Remove clean_s2.
> > (bootstrap2-lean_e): Likewise.
> But I'd prefer to have clean_s depend on the corresponding stage_?.
I took a look. I am confused. Could someone please tell me why the
clean_s2 target is needed? The problem is clean_s2 will clean many
.o files in stage2. As the result, "make compare" won't compare many
stage2/*.o as before. I suggest we should remove clean_s2. We can
remove clean_s1 and fold it into bootstrap-lean_c. Or we can make it
depends on stage_b.