This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patches: Squelch `U' suffix warnings from md5.h and getext.h
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Patches: Squelch `U' suffix warnings from md5.h and getext.h
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 23:10:34 -0700
- Cc: dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200009060356.XAA16574@caip.rutgers.edu>
On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 11:56:57PM -0400, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
> This is only valid if we can assume sizeof(type) == sizeof(unsigned type).
> Does the C standard conveniently guarantee this for us?
> (Also, you'll want to provide a ChangeLog entry.)