This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: BP project page: instruct gcc bootstrappers to disable NLS
- To: Greg McGary <greg at mcgary dot org>
- Subject: Re: PATCH: BP project page: instruct gcc bootstrappers to disable NLS
- From: Philipp Thomas <pthomas at suse dot de>
- Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 05:42:51 +0200
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200009010736.AAA19803@kayak.mcgary.org>
* Greg McGary (email@example.com) [20000901 09:36]:
> + <li> <code>intl/libintl.a</code> conflicts with the <code>glibc</code>
> + implementation, so we must configure without NLS.
As I've taken the responsibility to maintain this part of GCC I have to
chime in here. There *has* to be another way of solving this! The easiest
solution would be to configure with --without-included-gettext when
configuring with BP and glibc.
But before we search for solutions, please explain in more detail why
libintl conficts with the glibc implementation.
I would really hate it if we would have to disable NLS completely in this
case so I'm eager to search for alternative solutions.
Philipp Thomas <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Development, SuSE GmbH, Schanzaecker Str. 10, D-90443 Nuremberg, Germany
#define NINODE 50 /* number of in core inodes */
#define NPROC 30 /* max number of processes */
-- Version 7 UNIX for PDP 11, /usr/include/sys/param.h