This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Proposed binutils PATCH] Re: Diagnosing an intricate C++ problem
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Subject: Re: [Proposed binutils PATCH] Re: Diagnosing an intricate C++ problem
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: 03 Sep 2000 19:53:40 -0700
- Cc: rittle at rsch dot comm dot mot dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <Pine.BSF.email@example.com>
>>>>> Gerald Pfeifer <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> On 2 Sep 2000, Jason Merrill wrote:
>>> for which a simple `g++ x.cc` generates the following warnings:
>> Well, of course it does. You're compiling it with different flags than
>> were used to build libstdc++, so the generated code is different. That's
>> why this feature is pretty useless for code.
> Yeah, but how can we diagnose the problem I raised in
I suppose we could do a checksum of the tree structure and store that
somewhere. There's no easy answer.