This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch to improve x86 output_op_from_reg
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: Patch to improve x86 output_op_from_reg
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at upchuck dot cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 13:29:12 -0700
- cc: John Wehle <john at feith dot com>, egcs-patches at egcs dot cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <19990331121234.B30107@cygnus.com>you write:
> On Wed, Mar 31, 1999 at 03:22:53AM -0700, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> > I wonder if we could get the same (or better?) effect by using the second
> > memory support in reload to indicate that a memory location is needed to
> > between the two register sets.
> Ideally, yes. But reload only recognizes this for reg-reg moves.
> We're here dealing with
> (set (reg/v:DF 26)
> (mult:DF (float:DF (reg/v:SI 22))
> (reg:DF 27)))
> Or, more often, just the conversion.
Bummer. Oh well.