This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: A couple of small patches to EGCS web pages
- To: egcs-patches at egcs dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: A couple of small patches to EGCS web pages
- From: Jason Molenda <jsm at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 00:44:23 -0800
- Cc: Jason Merrill <jason at cygnus dot com>
Jason Merrill wrote:
> Don't we want to specify compressiong level 6 for the optimal time/space
> tradeoff? That's what mozilla.org suggests, anyway.
The cygnus.com net connection to the outside world is small and congested,
I figured trying to compress as much as possible (especially given
how fast most boxes are today) was the best bet. That's also how the
documentation has read up until now.
It's not a big deal--6 or 9 doesn't make such a difference to me.
BTW For some reason I thought that the -z command line option didn't work
when :ext: communication mode was used, but I'm not convinced after a
quick glance at the CVS client source. It may not matter whether you use
the -z cvs command line option or you set Compression in the ssh config.