This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [take 2] Re: configuration patch for host_exeext != ""
- To: law at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: [take 2] Re: configuration patch for host_exeext != ""
- From: Alexandre Oliva <oliva at dcc dot unicamp dot br>
- Date: 25 Mar 1999 04:43:07 -0300
- Cc: Mumit Khan <khan at xraylith dot wisc dot EDU>, egcs-patches at egcs dot cygnus dot com
- References: <3444.922340259@upchuck>
On Mar 25, 1999, Jeffrey A Law <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> ps. I changed "-o" to "|| test" in a variety of places since apparently
> -o is not portable?!?
Yup; from the autoconf manual:
If you need to make multiple checks using `test', combine them with
the shell operators `&&' and `||' instead of using the `test' operators
`-a' and `-o'. On System V, the precedence of `-a' and `-o' is wrong
relative to the unary operators; consequently, POSIX does not specify
them, so using them is nonportable. If you combine `&&' and `||' in
the same statement, keep in mind that they have equal precedence.
Alexandre Oliva http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva IC-Unicamp, Brasil
*** E-mail about software projects will be forwarded to mailing lists