This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: patch to handle i386 stack alignment using PREFERRED_STACK_BOUNDARY
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: patch to handle i386 stack alignment using PREFERRED_STACK_BOUNDARY
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 22:12:59 -0700
- cc: John Wehle <john at feith dot com>, egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <19990324163511.B11149@cygnus.com>you write:
> On Mon, Mar 22, 1999 at 11:37:04PM -0700, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> > Thanks. Installed. Plus a patch to set PREFERRED_STACK_BOUNDARY to
> > 64 for the x86.
> We might as well go ahead and set this to 128 for the
> benefit of P3 SSE stuff.
I've got no serious objections. It'll remove one barrier to using those insns
in the future.