This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
C++ PATCH for my own stupidity
- To: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Subject: C++ PATCH for my own stupidity
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at markmitchell dot com>
- Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 18:02:57 -0800
- Reply-to: mark at markmitchell dot com
The bootstrap problem with libstdc++ was caused by a failure to check
in one of the files I had changed. I always name all the files to be
committed to be sure that I do not include too many; in this case,
this strategy stung me.
I have should have recognized this problem right away when it didn't
happen on my local machine, but did occur elsewhere.
I have checked in a new cp/semantics.c, which fixes the problem.
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Mitchell Consulting http://www.markmitchell.com
1999-03-10 Mark Mitchell <email@example.com>
* semantics.c (begin_class_definition): Call build_self_reference.
(finish_member_declaration): Set DECL_CONTEXT for TYPE_DECLs.
RCS file: /egcs/carton/cvsfiles/egcs/gcc/cp/semantics.c,v
retrieving revision 1.41
diff -c -p -r1.41 semantics.c
*** semantics.c 1999/02/26 23:37:01 1.41
--- semantics.c 1999/03/11 01:57:05
*************** begin_class_definition (t)
*** 1327,1332 ****
--- 1327,1335 ----
that we can get it back later. */
+ /* Make a declaration for this class in its own scope. */
+ build_self_reference ();
*************** finish_member_declaration (decl)
*** 1365,1375 ****
finish_struct. Presumably it is already set as the function is
parsed. Perhaps DECL_CLASS_CONTEXT is already set, too? */
DECL_CLASS_CONTEXT (decl) = current_class_type;
- else if (TREE_CODE (decl) == TYPE_DECL)
- /* Historically, DECL_CONTEXT was not set for a TYPE_DECL in
- finish_struct, so we do not do it here either. Perhaps we
- should, though. */
DECL_CONTEXT (decl) = current_class_type;
--- 1368,1373 ----