This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: new support for SCO Universal Development Kit target
- To: Robert Lipe <robertl at dgii dot com>
- Subject: Re: new support for SCO Universal Development Kit target
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 20:40:07 -0600
- cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <19980923220559.A9565@dgii.com>you write:
> There's no real rocket science here, but this new target does allow
> an interesting hybrid of code generation. It fills a need in the
> SCO developer community. It allows you to use EGCS to generate SCO
> "universal" binaries that run unchanged on OpenServer, Unixware 2, and
> Unixware 7. (Hint: they also almost always run on Linux with ibcs
> modules installed, too.)
> The test results I submitted earlier are from a toolchain built with the
> commands in the added doc, so the quality of the port is already pretty
> good. There are some issues to work through and I'll be tackling these
> in upcoming weeks.
> "UDK" is SCO parlance, but if you strongly object to the 'i686-pc-udk'
> triplet we could negotiate on that.
> Please review and let me know when these are commit-worthy.
Looks fine to me.
You need some ChangeLog entries of course :-)