This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: patch - various i386.md pentium optimizations
- To: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Subject: Re: patch - various i386.md pentium optimizations
- From: Bill Currie <bcurrie at tssc dot co dot nz>
- Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 11:53:30 +1200
- CC: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Organization: NZ Telecommunication Systems Support Centre
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jan Hubicka wrote:
> o To split di-mode aritmetic I should need to write patterns for adc
> shld and such instructions. How to do this?
Try having a look at i860.md (mulsi3) for inspiration. NOTE, the stock
i860.md does not produce optimal code (I have a patch that does), or
even correct in some cases working on it off and on), but it should give
you some ideas on how to write hairy define_expands.
BTW, Xaos is cool (I had a play with it last year, djgpp version, I'll
have to grab the Linux version and have some fun:).
Leave others their otherness