This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATH for libstdc++ Makefile
- To: mark at markmitchell dot com
- Subject: Re: PATH for libstdc++ Makefile
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 12:19:27 -0600
- cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199809220757.AAA31000@smtp.earthlink.net>you write:
> I just got bitten by an odd situation. The line to build libstdc++.so
> is something like:
> xgcc -g -O2 -fvtable-thunks -D_GNU_SOURCE -fno-implicit-templates
> -Wl,-soname,libstdc++-libc6.0-1.so.2 -shared -o
> libstdc++-2-libc6.0-1-2.9.0.so `cat piclist` -lm
> But, this passes `-lgcc' to the linker and the directories searched do
> not include the directory containing the recently built libgcc.a.
> Therefore, you get whatever libgcc.a is lying around in
> /usr/local/lib, etc.
> Jeff, OK?
No, the patch is wrong. What happened to your various -B flags that
are supposed to be passed during build so that xgcc can find its
various programs (cpp, cc1, cc1plus, etc) and libraries (libgcc).
Somehow those flags have been lost.