This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: patch to omit the frame pointer from leaf functions
- To: John Wehle <john at feith dot com>
- Subject: Re: patch to omit the frame pointer from leaf functions
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at cygnus dot com>
- Date: 21 Sep 1998 11:21:46 -0700
- Cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- References: <199809210612.CAA04693@jwlab.FEITH.COM>
>>>>> John Wehle <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> This change allows gcc to omit the frame pointer when optimizing
> leaf functions which don't call alloca. Are the situations where
> having a frame pointer in a leaf function is a win (assuming that
> the machine description doesn't require it)?
Some targets require a frame pointer for debugging.