This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Reload patch v5
- To: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at cygnus dot co dot uk>
- Subject: Re: Reload patch v5
- From: Bernd Schmidt <crux at pool dot informatik dot rwth-aachen dot de>
- Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 11:56:52 +0200 (MET DST)
- cc: law at cygnus dot com, egcs-patches at cygnus dot com, egcs at cygnus dot com
> > * reorg.c (used_spill_regs): Delete declaration.
> > (max_label_num_after_reload): Likewise.
> > (find_dead_or_set_registers): Don't assume spill regs are dead at
> > CODE_LABELs.
> > (used_spill_regs): Now static.
> > Don't set used_spill_regs at the end.
> This defeats the purpose of used_spill_regs.
> If we can't use it anymore, we should look at a way to replace it.
Jeff suggested doing a life analysis pass over the hard regs after
reload. I'll look into this, but for now I concentrated on getting the
main part of the patch stable.