This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Reload patch v5
- To: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at cygnus dot co dot uk>
- Subject: Re: Reload patch v5
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 10:40:45 -0600
- cc: crux at pool dot informatik dot rwth-aachen dot de (Bernd Schmidt), egcs-patches at cygnus dot com, egcs at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199809161510.QAA15182@phal.cygnus.co.uk>you write:
> > * reorg.c (used_spill_regs): Delete declaration.
> > (max_label_num_after_reload): Likewise.
> > (find_dead_or_set_registers): Don't assume spill regs are dead at
> > CODE_LABELs.
> > (used_spill_regs): Now static.
> > Don't set used_spill_regs at the end.
> This defeats the purpose of used_spill_regs.
> If we can't use it anymore, we should look at a way to replace it.
We've already discussed this on the egcs list.
used_spill_regs will go away if/when Bernd's reload patch is installed.
It is believed that the new reload code should eliminate the need for
the used_spill_regs hack. If it does not, then we will add a post
reload pass to provide accurate liveness information to reorg.