This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Update for spill cost calculation
- To: Bernd Schmidt <crux at pool dot informatik dot rwth-aachen dot de>
- Subject: Re: Update for spill cost calculation
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 01:30:01 -0600
- cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <Pine.GSO.4.02A.email@example.com>you write:
> The following patch is an addition to John Wehle's change from Sep 5. Now
> that regs allocated by local-alloc can be reallocated if they are spilled,
> the spill cost calculation no longer needs to take into account whether
> the register was allocated by local-alloc or by global.
> The patch is minimally tested (it compiles...), but I haven't verified its
> effect on code quality.
> * global.c (reg_allocno): Now static.
> * reload1.c (reg_allocno): Delete declaration.
> (order_regs_for_reload): Take no arguments. Don't treat regs
> allocated by global differently than those allocated by local-alloc.
It sounds like the right thing to do. I've installed the patch.