This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCSE problem involving mem_first_set.
- To: Geoff Keating <geoffk at ozemail dot com dot au>
- Subject: Re: GCSE problem involving mem_first_set.
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 00:30:17 -0600
- cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199809150730.RAA19053@geoffk.wattle.id.au>you write:
> > Seems to me this would be a whole lot simpler to fix by making the
> > first assigned CUID have the value 1.
> > Any particular reason you didn't do that?
> I did consider this (you can just replace i++ by ++i on the
> appropriate line). The CUIDs are used to index bit vectors, though,
> and since bit vectors are indexed from 0 it seemed reasonable to start
> the CUIDs from 0 too.
> Feel free to try that instead.
OK. I agree with your reasoning. I think we should go with your
Thanks for clarifying.