This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH Finding gas
- To: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at acm dot org>
- Subject: Re: PATCH Finding gas
- From: Alexandre Oliva <oliva at dcc dot unicamp dot br>
- Date: 03 Sep 1998 19:20:19 -0300
- Cc: egcs-patches at cygnus dot com, Eric Schweitz <schweitz at nortel dot ca>
- References: <199809021327.GAA02741@cygnus.com> <35EE5BF1.407C@acm.org>
Nathan Sidwell <email@example.com> writes:
> I configure with --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld. (+ the prefix and
> exec-prefix appropriate)
> This doesn't work, the system assembler and linker are used.
egcs will look for programs called `as' and `real-ld' or `ld' in the
directories in the `programs' search path (gcc -print-search-dirs),
not in the PATH.
> Anybody got any clues about this? Should I hack configure to check for
> $LD and $AS, use them and force their full paths into the binary?
No! IMO, `make install' should install links to `as' and `real-ld' if
appropriate. What do you think?
Universidade Estadual de Campinas, SP, Brasil