This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Upgrading to SGI's current STL?
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Subject: Re: Upgrading to SGI's current STL?
- From: Kevin Atkinson <kevina at clark dot net>
- Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 21:40:23 -0400
- CC: egcs at cygnus dot com, egcs-patches at cygnus dot com
- References: <Pine.GSO.4.02A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Kevin Atkinson wrote:
> > Here is the 1 (well 2 with the comment) line fix based on how SGI
> > fixed it in the latest release. The some bug appears to be in
> > rope::iterator::operator= however I have not tested it.
> At this point in time, after the 1.1 release, how about upgrading to
> the current STL from SGI?
I think that is a good idea. However, if you decide to wait until 1.2
I *strongly* recommend you fix the two bugs I pointed out as they are
rather serious bugs (which caused by code to crash) in egcs 1.1.1
(or whatever). If you want I can send you by a copy of my program
that causes the bug.
Once I release my program I am going to include the patch with it, as
any thing based on SGI 3.1 also has the problem--including the widely
used adoption (http://corp.metabyte.com/~fbp/stl/index.html)--has the